Podaris is a tool for rapid planning feasibility planning for infrastructure projects. Currently, Podaris supports a number fixed-infrastructure public transport modes:
Podaris does this using a powerful parametric tools that model both the physical and operational characteristics of the infrastructure.
Capabilities & Limitations
In Podaris:Plan you can collaboratively and accurately develop:
- An overall infrastructure network dsign
- Right-of-way requirements
- Phasing strategies and scenarios
- Travel-time performance
- Spatial connectivity maps
- Key project metrics such as track length
- See feedback (from Podaris:Engage) from the larger stakeholder group.
However, there are some key limitations to be aware of:
- Podaris does not yet account for scheduling, fleet sizing, or capacity. This will be addressed in the near future.
- Podaris is a 2D planning tool. Gradients and their performance effects are not taken into account. We plan to offer 3D capabilities in the future.
- Curves are calculated without transitions (clothoid curves / cornu spirals). This results in right-of-way innacuracies that are insignificant for lower-velocity systems such as PRT, but more important for high-speed rail or hyperloops. This is also being addressed in the future.